Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June 2021 update

Recent Publications
A poem titled “Cryptic” appeared in Polar Borealis, Issue 18, May 2021. This poem, like a number of others I've written, was inspired by a new story (in this case, about humans' ability--or inability--to accurately interpret cats' their facial expressions). A link to the poem is below:

A review of Derek Künsken’s The House of Styx appeared on The Future Fire’s site May 11, 2021. Künsken’s book provides an intriguing look at what life in a human colony in the clouds of Venus might look like. Making the book more interesting for me as a Canadian is the fact that many of the colonists are of Quebecois origin. A link to the review is below:
 
http://reviews.futurefire.net/2021/05/kunsken-house-of-styx.html
 
 
What I’m Working On
I’ve slowed down my output this month due to some personal circumstances that have left me with limited time for writing endeavours. During May, I’ve been focussing on making progress on some of the reviews I’ve committed to.