Saturday, August 1, 2020

August 2020 update

Recent Publications
My poem “Paws for Reflection” appeared in Thema, Vol 32, No. 2, Summer 2020, The Clumsy Gardener.

“From Cat, To Fiddle” (poem) was included in New Myths reader’s choice poll. 

What I’m Working On
Short stories have been the main focus for the past month. I am also working on a couple of collections, one poetry, one short stories, to send away for consideration.

I’m continuing to work on book reviews; putting the finishing touches on a review of Lois Legge’s Wounded Hearts: Memories of the Halifax Protestant Orphans’ Home for the Miramichi Reader site. I also have reviews of a couple of speculative poetry books on the go.

I’ve requested a review copy of David Gerrold’s recently-published novel Hella. Fans of Star Trek (Original Series) may be familiar with Gerrold as the writer of the classic “The Trouble with Tribbles” episode. While I read some of Gerrold’s fiction and non-fiction works in the distant past, it’s been a long time. Looking forward to checking this latest one out.