Saturday, February 1, 2020

February 2020 update


Recent Publications
Apparition Lit published my poem “At the Bleeding Edge” in January, 2020, while “Wings of Wax” appeared in Polar Borealis Issue 13, January 2020 (see links below)


My poem “Boys of Summer” made its way into Third Wednesday, Volume XIII, No. 1, Winter 2020.

What I’m Working On
I’m still working on a backlog of short story ideas, and finding James Scott Bell’s How to Write Pulp Fiction and Erik Bork’s The Idea: the Seven Elements of a Viable Story for Screen, Stage, or Fiction helpful in identifying some of my past issues with plot development.

Working through these books has helped me break through a bit of a barrier. Here’s hoping that can be sustained, leading to more productivity on the short story front in the next few months.

Coming Soon
I have a few poems slated for publication in the next few months, including one entitled “For Laika” in House of Zolo, and a couple of items in Scifaikuest.