Saturday, May 2, 2020

May 2020 update


Since mid-March, we've been laying low due to the coronavirus. I have the good fortune of living on a spacious property where I can exercise my Border Collie without worrying about social distancing issues. She for one isn't complaining about the extra outdoor time.

Recent Publications

A poem entitled "Lorelei" was published in Polar Borealis: Magazine of Canadian Speculative Fiction, Issue 14, April 2020:


My review of Zooscape, Issue 6, March 2020, appeared on The Future Fire's site, at the link below:


This online zine features anthropomorphic stories with a speculative flair; the issue I reviewed included both fantasy and science fiction entries. Worth taking a look if you enjoy this type of story. My personal favorite was "The Adventures of WaterBear and Moss Piglet."

My poem "No Fairy Tale World" was included in the 2020 Rhysling Anthology, which is issued by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Poetry Association. Work must be nominated to land in this volume, and it's the first time one of my poems has had the distinction of appearing in it, so I'm grateful for that.

What I’m Working On
Though I've been sending out poems through April, I've been mainly focussed on working on in-process speculative fiction pieces, and managed to send out several stories for consideration. Hoping to continue that progress in May.

Also in the draft stages of writing a review of How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse, by K. Eason.